PLEASE PRINT THESE DIRECTIONS IN CASE YOU DON’T HAVE A SIGNAL ON YOUR PHONE WHEN ARRIVING IN THE VILLAGE
This trip is no more than 20 minutes from the airport and very simple.
Please click these blue links below for alternative directions.
IF USING A SAT NAV THE ADDRESS FOR OUR HOUSE TAKES YOU TO THE BACK OF OUR HOUSE, HERE YOU WILL NEED TO THEN WALK AROUND TO THE FRONT OF OUR HOUSE WHICH IS GENERALLY PEDESTRIAN ACCESS ONLY
Directions from Mahon Airport
- Leave the airport heading out on Me-12 keeping right.
- Straight over the first roundabout continuing on the Me-12.
- At the next roundabout (with large pointed landmark on it) go straight on (second exit) continuing on Me-12.
- At the next roundabout take second exit (straight over) continuing on the Me-12.
- At next large roundabout take a right (first exit) taking the main road Me-1, and follow.
- Approaching the next large roundabout keep on the Me-1 and go round the large roundabout taking the 4th exit (left) where the large large petrol station is, take this exit from the roundabout (the RM road) dropping down the hill going past the petrol station on your right now.
- Follow to the bottom of the hill.
- When you get to the roundabout at the bottom of the hill take a left (third exit) onto Me-7 (signpost to Fornells).
- Follow the Me-7 for about 2-3 mins.
- Then you will see a road junction on your right (signpost to Es Grau) take this road the Me-5.
- This is the road that takes you to our village of Es Grau, the road is a windy country road about 7-10 mins long (a lovely drive).
- Very soon you enter into the village of Es Grau and join the road Carrer S’Arribada.
- You will pass the children’s play area on your right.
- Shortly after the beach car park on your left, then next the local bar, Bar Grau also on your left.
- Keep going but slowly, follow through the village for about 20 yards then turn right up Carrer S’Arribada.
- Then first left at Carrer Tramuntana (these roads are now very tight often with young children playing so please drive very slowly).
- Then take the second right (Carrer Bots) up to the back of our house, this road is particularly tight so take care with your car.
- The house is on your left at the top (picture below of white garage doors with number 9 and the sign post ‘Driftwood’ on them).
- You can stop here here in front of the garage, although the village has at least 3 other parking spots available within walking distance of the house.
YOU NOW NEED TO WALK TO THE FRONT OF OUR HOUSE FOR KEY ACCESS
- To get to the front of our house is really pedestrian access only and not ideal for vehicles.
- If you have found the back of the house and parked you will then need to walk around to the front of the house for the key following these simple directions:
- Go back down Carrer Bots where you just came from.
- Turn right onto Carrer Tramontana.
- Walk past the only village local shop on your right.
- At the next junction turn right up to Carrer Roques.
- Walk up this path/road for 2 mins and our house is on the right opposite number 15.
- The house front (pictured below) has black iron gates, a stone half brick finish, with steps leading up to a shared front terrace, our house number 9 ‘Driftwood’ is on the right hand side, the front of the house also has a street light right outside on the corner for pointers.
- The key safe, if you’re standing with your back to the front door, is in the right hand corner of the ground floor terrace under the ledge (pictured below).
The back of our house: There is the number 9 and now a sign plate saying ‘Driftwood’
The Front of our house with its name ‘Driftwood’ and the number 9.
The key safe position, front of our house: